Translink Youth Forum
Translink Youth Forum aims to improve public transport for young people across the region and ensure their voice is heard to decision makers and adults in power. 16 young people meet on a fortnightly basis.
Some recent highlights included;
- Taking part in Translink consultations
- The design and launch of a peer led educational resource ‘Change makers’ which aimed to encourage dialogue on sustainable travel and the environment, this was delivered at COP26
- Designed and hosted Translink Youth Summit 23 at Parliament buildings
Translink Youth Forum are looking forward to continuing working alongside Translink to ensure young people are in the driving seat with regards to having their voice heard and meaningful positive change taking place with regards public transport.
The Translink Youth Forum acts as a mechanism whereby Translink can seek the views of young people on the range of policy, strategy and operational issues for which it has authority to act; as well as providing an opportunity for young people to raise and consider issues of importance for them in relation to Transport and to seek Translink’s support in progressing these. TYF meets 6 times a year.
The Translink Youth Forum will have two main functions:
1. To act as a mechanism through which Translink would seek the views of young people on the range of policy, strategy and operational issues for which it has authority to act. In addition, it would be possible to seek a young person’s perspective on additional issues on which Translink is consulted in terms of the impact on the Services they provide;
2. To provide an opportunity for young people to raise and consider issues of importance for them in relation to Transport and to seek Translink’s support in progressing these. This function is seen as important to the success and sustainability of the Youth Forum as it would provide a function that would remove concerns about tokenism.
Young people will be tasked with ‘mapping transport related issues’ that are important to them. This will allow the awarded contract to provisionally chart a schedule of work / session plans for the following meetings. This will be forwarded to Translink for discussion and to allow for adequate preparation and planning throughout the project.
For more information on the Translink Youth Forum please contact firstname.lastname@example.org